Saturday, January 15, 2011

Free Alternative To Microsoft Office

Im sure most of you are familiar with the Microsoft Office Suite. You know Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Access. Im sure most of you know that it cost over $100. Well there is an alternative and best of all its totally free! It is called Open Office. I have been using it for years and honestly I have yet to run into a problem with it. I can do anything with it that I would want to do with big $100 product. You can download Open Office here: http://www.openoffice.org/ if you would like to give it a try. I highly recommend it and I install it on many of my clients computers upon there request.

IMPORTANT: Make sure that you change Open Office so it saves in the Microsoft Office format. Otherwise if you email a file to someone or try to open it at school in Word or Excel it will not open. Just follow the instructions in this video and your set.



Also I recommend unchecking the box that says "Warn When Not Saving In ODF or default format." If anyone needs help setting up Open Office just let me know.

Be looking for more Free software I will be highlighting in coming posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment